of Animal Welfare
December 6, 2005
The Honorable Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
200 North Spring Street, Room 303
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Dear Mayor Villaraigosa,
The following Directors of Animal Welfare (DAWs) for Los Angeles urge you to remove Mr. Guerdon Stuckey from his position and to replace him with a compassionate General Manager who will work with the community to make our public shelters "no kill."
We are disappointed with many aspects of Mr. Stuckey's performance, including:
1) His inability to work with the community and the Animal
2) His lack of commitment to the "no kill" goal and his refusal to meet with Mr. Nathan Winograd
3) His poor handling of the spay mobile contract
4) His inadequate "Business Plan" which lacks accountability and a direction for the city.
He has had a year to prove himself, and he has failed. We trust you will abide by your campaign promise to remove him as soon as possible. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at (818) 781-5280. Thank you.
Names of DAWs withheld at this time....
* This letter represents the view of individuals. It is not being submitted on behalf of any Neighborhood or City Council.